Friday, January 20, 2012

How much longer......

I want to say that I am one of those people who loves to run. I love it when I'm done. I like it when I'm getting ready. I like it when I first start. I tolerate it when I'm 4 miles in and have more to go to meet my goals.

But when I've been running for 8 miles or more, and I'm getting tired sometimes I just want to be done. I seldom stop, but sometimes I just want to quit and be done-maybe forever.

One such time, none of my montras were working. However, I had noticed that during a particular part of my music playlist, I would finish a mile almost every three songs. So once I reached that part, I would count the songs to know how far I was going. (Once I got a sports watch this all kinda stopped).

One time I was particularly unmotivated and tired. I actually started to say, only four more songs and I will be back at the car. Well, if it's only four more songs, can I just advance it to the next song and then it will be three. In fact, if I advance it two songs, I will only have two songs left. In fact if I advance it all four songs I will be done. I actually started reaching for my ipod and was advancing it when I realized I would be no closer to the end.

Ummmmm.....Duh?

No comments: